When children are little, they’re usually fascinated with anything large and in charge. We’re talking about automobiles, planes, boats, space ships, and more. From fire trucks to garbage trucks and everything in-between, chances are your kids enjoy anything that moves or flies! At a young age, children are drawn to the thrill and mysteriousness of space. Perhaps that’s why they want to read books about the solar system and learn more about the planets. It truly is a fun time in a child’s life when this happens – especially for parents. You get to watch your child grow up, having countless interests and learning about the world. If you’re ready to take the learning experience as a family to the next level, you’re going to want to attend Family Campouts at Space Center Houston!
More Information About Family Campouts
You and your family can attend the Family Campout on Saturday, August 31 from 4:30 p.m. to Sunday, September 1 at 10:00 a.m. Hosted by Space Center Houston, the Family Campout event will be held at the space center located at 1601 E NASA Pkwy, Houston, TX 77058.
For those of you who want to sleep under the stars, pack a tent and set up camp in Independence Plaza, right underneath a Boeing 747. If you’d prefer to sleep indoors, that’s no problem. Bring a sleeping bag and a pillow to complete your campsite!
All the Details to Know!
At the Family Campout, you and your family will navigate your own space exploration journey. You’ll be engaged in engineering, technology, and science-related activities that allow you to use your creative skills. Some of the fun things you’ll get to do include the following:
- Build Model Rockets – With this activity, you and your family will be able to build your own rocket and see how high you can launch it.
- Explore Robotics – With the robotics activity, you and your family can build a robotic hand as well as program and operate a rover!
- Train for Spaceflight – With this activity, you’ll truly feel like an astronaut! You’ll train just like an astronaut by learning about spacewalks, crew assembly, and the speed of light.
- Tour the Starship Gallery – At the Starship Gallery, you’ll be able to learn more about spacecraft, astronaut training, and special artifacts
You might also like: Visit The Menil Collection
Pricing and Other Information
Pricing for the event is as follows:
- $69.95 per person
- $15 per t-shirt (optional)
- $7 per program patch (optional)
Other fun activities you’ll enjoy include the following:
- Welcome briefing in preparation for the night’s activities
- Buffet dinner served at Space Center Houston
- Hands-on STEM activities
- Overnight campsite among historic artifacts
- Buffet breakfast served at Space Center Houston
- Second-Day visit to Space Center Houston
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to have fun and learn with your family. Purchase your tickets today!