In school, we’re taught a variety of subjects – English, Math, History, Science, and much more. When it comes to science, it’s important that we all have a basic understanding of the world, life, and the planet around us. Luckily, there are many ways to learn. From books to the internet and every medium in between, if you’re searching for an answer for something, chances are you’ll be able to find it – and probably pretty easily too.
However, sometimes reading about science doesn’t sink in. There are times when we need to take a hands-on approach or visually see the things we’re learning about. If you’re a visual learner or if you simply want your kids to have a fun, educational experience, why not stop by the Museum of Natural Science to enjoy all the museum has to offer? Keep reading to learn more about the museum!
The Houston Museum of Natural Science
For those of you who live in Houston and the surrounding areas, you don’t want to miss out on visiting the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences. The museum is located at 5555 Hermann Park Dr., Houston, TX 77030. For questions, feel free to call (713) 639-4629. The fall hours are Monday – Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. At the museum, you and your family can visit various exhibits. There are special exhibitions as well as permanent exhibits. Get ready to learn more at the Houston Museum of Natural Science!
As we mentioned, there are several exhibits you can see. Currently, there are a variety of special exhibitions that you might be interested in:
- Death by Natural Causes – With this exhibit, you’ll learn about spiders, snakes, food, and other potential dangers you might encounter in everyday life.
- The Art of the Brick – This exhibit features art by artist Nathan Sawaya. The catch? The artwork is made up entirely of LEGO pieces! From Van Gogh’s Starry Night to Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, you’re certain to enjoy this creative exhibit!
- Planetarium – The Burke Baker Planetarium presents astronomical programs to visitors daily. In the Planetarium, there are several showings you can attend. For instance, you can enjoy the Starry Night Express, Passport to the Universe, Expedition Reef, Dark Side of the Moon, Black Holes, and many others.
- Butterfly Center – Come enjoy a wondrous view of butterflies, plants, and a rainforest conservatory! It’s perfect for pictures!
- Giant Screen Theatre – This theatre offers 4K viewing and will feature various films and educational movies once the theatre is finished with renovations.
In addition to these special exhibits, there are numerous permanent exhibits you’ll love as well.
You might also like: Find Your Favorite Food Truck In Houston
Price of Admission
The following is a list of ticket prices:
- Adult tickets: $25
- Child tickets: $16
- Seniors ages 62+ tickets: $16
- Member tickets: Free
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.