If your inquisitive child wants to learn more about life under the sea, a great place to visit is the Downtown Aquarium of Houston. With various interactive exhibits, this is a place you don’t want to miss. Keep reading to learn more!
About the Aquarium
The Downtown Aquarium of Houston is located at 410 Bagby St at Memorial Dr., Houston, TX 77002. In addition to the aquarium, there’s also a restaurant on site. Bring your family and spend the day exploring the various exhibits and seeing sea life up close!
There are a variety of fun events you can attend at the aquarium. Whether you’re planning a birthday party or a simple family outing with your kids, the Downtown Aquarium of Houston is a fun place to be. Your kids will think so too!
Be a Zoologist for a Day!
One of the standout events that you and your kids can attend is the “Zoologist for a Day” event. Yung animal lovers will be able to spend the day learning about how to care for the creatures that live outside the ocean. Those who participate will be able to go behind the scenes and enjoy the following:
- Interacting with Live Animals
- Building Animal Enrichment
- Meeting the Knowledgeable Animal Care Team
Also, at this event, you should know that you will receive a t-shirt and lunch will be provided. The event is for kids ages 6-12 and the cost is $55.00.
You might also like: Visit The Menil Collection
Ticket Prices and Hours of Operation
The following is a list of ticket prices:
- Adults: $13.99
- Seniors (Ages 65+): $11.99
- Children (Under 42”): $10.99
- Children (2 & Under): Free
The hours for the exhibit are as follows:
- Sunday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The restaurant hours are:
- Sunday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.