Trucks across the board have one commonality – they always seem to have more trims than a person could ever understand, which can make shopping for a new one a daunting task. The 2014 Toyota Tundra is far from the exception to this rule. This truck comes in a variety of trims, and you’ll want to know what they are before heading to your local Houston dealership. Once you know which truck is right for you, you’ll be one step closer to taking it around Houston and the rest of Texas.
The Toyota Tundra SR5
A step up from the basic trim, the SR5 enjoys a variety of features to make loving your truck just that much easier. Features include standard easy lower and lift tailgate, power windows and door locks, AC, 7-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth and Entune audio, and an integrated backup camera. This beast of a truck also includes a chrome surround grille, HD radio and Sirius XM Radio, fog lights, and available 18-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels.
It’s available with a standard or long bed and in either a Double or CrewMax cab. Get it with a 5.7-liter V7 or a 4.6-liter V8. A total of 13 trim levels are available for this model alone.
The Toyota Tundra Limited
A favorite thanks to its great cost/feature balance, the Limited model includes the features of the SR5 but either updates or adds to them with:
- A unique grille insert
- Chrome mirrors and door handles
- 20-inch split 5-spoke alloy wheels
- Leather-trimmed seating with power/heated front bucket seats
- Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite
- Power-sliding rear window
The Limited has six trims and is available with:
- Double and CrewMax cabs,
- 4×2 and 4×4 option
- Choice between regular or flex-fuel 5.7-liter V8
The Toyota Tundra Platinum
The top-level Platinum model Tundra gives Houston drivers anything and everything that they could ask for. The Platinum adds to or updates the Limited, with features like:
- LED daytime running lights
- 20-inch 6-spoke alloy wheels
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Front and rear parking assist sonar
- Urban-themed interior with perforated black premium leather-trimmed seating
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Entune Premium JBL Audio with Navigation and App Suite
With a less-is-more attitude, the Platinum Tundra keeps it simple, offering only the CrewMax style with the 5.7-liter V8 regular or flex fuel. It’s available as a 4×2 or 4×4.
Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition
The 1794 Edition Tundra offers a new take on the design, giving it a more classic feel rather than the urban design. The amenities are generally the same as the Platinum, although the following things are added or changed:
- Unique silver grille insert with chrome front and rear bumper end caps
- Western-themed interior with perforated brown premium leather-trimmed seating
- Wood-style interior trim
- Available 20-inch chrome-clad alloy wheels
As with the Platinum model, the 1794 Edition Tundra has only three trim levels. Choose from a combination of 4×2 or 4×4 and regular vs. flex-fuel engines.
TRD Pro Series
This is Toyota’s high-performance off-road truck. Get the details on this beauty here.
No matter how much you read, the best way to understand all the differences in the Toyota Tundra models is just to stop by and see them for yourself. Come to Mike Calvert Toyota in Houston, Texas, to see our new and pre-owned Tundras. From the 2014 Tundra up to the 2018 Tundra, we have you covered. Plus, we have a fully trained truck staff standing by to answer all of your questions about these Texas-made work machines.